NEO XL-Series libraries address the need for midrange and enterprise businesses to do more with less by providing effortless automated backup that combines flexibility, density, high-performance and affordability to ensure that data is protected faster, smarter, easier and more cost effectively.
Request More Overland Storage InformationOur enterprise solution specialists are ready to answer your questions Buy Now
Intelligent Remote Management
NEO XL-Series remote management provides intelligent, proactive administration and monitoring of the tape library, tape drives and media, ensuring a seamless backup and archive process.
- Provides tape drive and tape cartridge status information
- Enables remote configuration activities
- Alerts users to unusual/suspicious activity that may affect the backup/archive process via email or SNMP traps
- Enables remote firmware upgrades
- Provides remote diagnostics capabilities
NEO Series expandability/scalability features allow you to dynamically adjust your storage capacity and performance as your data storage needs change, adapting to ever-changing environments with a minimal amount of disruption while protecting your original library investment.
- NEOxl 40 can be scaled up to 280 cartridge slots and 21 tape drives, delivering enterprise-class functionality by simply adding up to 6 expansion modules to the base module
- Flexible expandability and scalability allow you to reconfigure multi-module units and redeploy them as needed
Removable Cartridge Magazines
NEO XL-Series removable cartridge magazines provide effortless media handling for loading/unloading of cartridges while facilitating off-line storage for disaster recovery purposes.
- Allows users to conveniently add/remove cartridges in their NEO XL-Series library
- Provides easy off-line handling of multiple cartridges
- Enables convenient off-line/off-site storage of cartridges for disaster recovery purpose
- Ensures more efficient media handling both inside and outside of a NEO XL-Series library
Upgradable Tape Drives
Avoid those costly upgrades when new tape technologies become available. With NEO XL-Series libraries, you can upgrade your drives and media on the fly. Installing and removing tape drives in is quick and easy. LTO drives maintain backward compatibility to previous generation tapes, so you won’t orphan any data during the upgrade process. This approach not only protects your investment, but also minimizes administrative overhead, and reduces service/maintenance costs.
- Users can easily remove/replace tape drives to provide effortless upgrades to next-generation tape drive technologies
- Downtime costs are eliminated by enabling end user replacement of tape drives (no waiting for a service tech to show up)
- Tape drives can easily be added to existing tape libraries for increased performance and efficiency
- Tape drives can be interchanged between NEO XL-Series libraries for increased investment protection
NEO XL-Series partitioning capability allows you to configure a single physical library into multiple virtual libraries.
- Improves efficiency of the backup/archive process by enabling multi-tasking within the same library
- Provides you with the flexibility to configure a single NEO XL-Series library to interface with different backup servers, regardless of their connectivity type or application
- Protects your investment by allowing you to simultaneously use a single NEO XL-Series library with a variety of backup software applications
Effortless Installation and Configuration
Simplified installation and configuration improves efficiency and reduces administrative overhead by ensuring that you can begin your backup and archive process quickly.
- Intuitive management console provides clear, consise guidance on installing and configuring a NEO XL-Series library
- Web-based remote management provides additional levels of detail to easily customize the backup/archive process suited for your particular needs
- Seamless expansion of additional modules, or redeployment of scaled configurations, occurs quickly and efficiently
The ability to store the maximum amount of data in the minimal amount of rack space ensure the best value for your IT budget.
- Packing over 1.8PB of data storage capability into a compact 3u form factor provides the most efficient use of valuable rack space
- The ability to scale up to 12.6PB of capacity in a single standard 21u rack further takes NEO XL-Series density leadership the next step further
Enterprise-class reliability ensures the availability of your company’s most valuable asset … your corporate data.
- With a reliability rating of 2,000,000 load/unload cycles, NEOxl 40 libraries provide the high reliability required by enterprise-class environments.
- Capitalizing on the NEO reputation for reliability, NEO XL-Series tape libraries provide the reliability and redundancy to ensure data availability.
|HARDWARE SPECIFICATIONS||NEOxl 40||NEOxl 80|
|# of cartridge slots per module||40||80|
|# of mail slots per module||5||10|
|# of tape drives per module||3||6|
|Form factor per module||3u||6u|
|Tape drive types supported||LTO-9, LTO-8, LTO-7||LTO-9, LTO-8, LTO-7|
|Interfaces||SAS, FC||SAS, FC|
|max. # of cartridge slots||280||560|
|max. # of tape drives||21||42|
|Max. capacity per module||1.8PB||3.6PB|
|Max. data transfer rate per module||8.1TB/hr.||16.2TB/hr.|
|Dimensions (in)||5.12" x 18.90" x 34.65"||10.43" x 18.90" x 35.31"|
|Dimensions (mm)||130mm x 480mm x 880mm||265mm x 480mm x 897mm|
|Weight with packaging (excludes pallet and drives)||67.5 lbs. / 30.6 kg||115 lbs. / 52 kg|
|Reliability||>2,000,000 MSBF||>3,000,000 MSBF|
|MTTR||‹10 minutes||‹10 minutes|
|Power||300 watts||300 watts|
|Standard Warranty||1 yr. Silver NBD Onsite||1 yr. Silver NBD Onsite|